The information you share with Ogwugo allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the very best shopping experience. Our founder reminded us that "a promise we make is a promise we keep," and it's our promise to customers that we respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service includes making sure that we're building a relationship of trust with customers. Our way of doing that is to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information. Our Policy outlines:
How and why we collect your personal information;
How your personal information is used and protected;
When and with whom we share your personal information; and
1. Your privacy is important to us and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide you with our services and to protect your account.
2. Information including, but not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, gender, date and/or year of birth and user preferences ("Registration Information") may be collected at the time of user registration on the Sites.
3. In connection with any transaction and payment services or services under our buyer protection schemes we provide on the Sites, information, including but not limited to, bank account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers and expiration dates and tracking information from cheques or money orders ("Account Information") may be collected to, among other things, facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Sites.
4. We record and retain details of users’ activities on the Sites. Information relating to such transactions including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the goods, pricing and delivery information and any trade dispute records (“Activities Information”) may be collected when sale and purchase transactions are conducted on or facilitated through the Sites
5. From time to time, we collect information about our users and prospective users during trade shows, industry events and other functions. The information we may collect at these locations may include, but is not limited to, user name, address, phone number, fax number and email address ("Event Information").
6. We record and retain records of users' buying and browsing activities on our platform including but not limited to IP addresses, browsing patterns and buyer behavioral patterns. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Sites and visitors to the Sites including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors (together "Browsing Information").
7. Registration Information, Account Information, Activities Information, Event Information and Browsing Information generally relate to business entities and are together referred to as business data (“Business Data”).
8. It is mandatory for users of the Sites to provide certain categories of Business Data and Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that users do not provide any or sufficient Business Data and/or Personal Data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide such users with our products or services.
If you provide any Personal Data to us, you are deemed to have authorized us to collect, retain and use that Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. Verifying your identity;
2. Verifying your eligibility to register as a user of the Sites;
3. Processing your registration as a user, providing you with a log-in ID for the Sites and maintaining and managing your registration;
4. Providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
5. To facilitate communication between buyers and sellers on the Sites and processing your transactions on the Sites;
6. Performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Sites, to improve our product offerings and services and for marketing and promotional purposes;
7. Subject to obtaining your consent in such form as may be required under the applicable law, we (including our affiliated companies and their designated Service Providers (as defined in C.1 below)) may use your name, phone number, residential address, email address, fax number and other data ("Marketing Data") to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications and other marketing materials to you relating to goods and services offered by us on the Sites including but not limited to Gold Suppliers membership, Verified Members membership, Free Members membership (each of Gold Suppliers membership, Verified Members membership, and Free Members membership, a “Membership” and collectively, the “Memberships”) the value added services ancillary to the Memberships, and other products and services offered by us and/or our affiliated companies and their designated Service Providers from time to time to members of the Sites;
8. If you voluntarily submit any information to the Sites for publication on the Sites through the publishing tools, including but not limited to, Company Profile, Product Catalog, Trade Leads, TrustPass Profile and any discussion forum, then you are deemed to have given consent to the publication of such information on the Sites ("Voluntary Information");
9. Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or as required by law, regulations and guidelines or in respect of any investigations, claims or potential claims brought on or against us.
1. You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of the Ogwugo that you are contracting with) your Personal Data to service providers engaged by us and/or other affiliated companies of Ogwugo to assist us with providing you with our services (including but not limited to data entry, database management, promotions, products and services alerts, delivery services, payment extension services, membership authentication and verification services and logistics services) ("Service Providers").
These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified at B.1 to B.9 above, and not for their own purposes.
2. You agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of Ogwugo that you are contracting with), for the purposes specified at B.1 to B.9 above, your Personal Data to other affiliated companies and/or their designated Service Providers of Ogwugo services, which comprises a group of companies operating leading online and mobile marketplaces in consumer and business-to-business commerce, as well as cloud computing and other services.
3. When necessary we may also disclose and transfer (whether within or outside the jurisdiction of Ogwguo that you are contracting with) your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations for the purposes specified at B.9 above.
4. Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us and will be accessible by our employees, any Service Providers engaged by us and third parties referred to at C.2 and C.3 above, for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in B.1 to B.9 above.
5. All Voluntary Information may be made publicly available on the Sites and therefore accessible by any internet user. Any Voluntary Information that you disclose to us becomes public information and you relinquish any proprietary rights (including but not limited to the rights of confidentiality and copyright) in such information. You should exercise caution when deciding to include personal or proprietary information in the Voluntary Information that you submit to us.
6. We may share your Account Information with banks or vendors to enable your transactions on the Sites to be completed. In addition, we may use your Account Information to determine your credit-worthiness and, in the process of such determination, we may need to make such Account Information available to banks or credit agencies. While we have in place up-to-date technology and internal procedures to keep your Account Information and other Personal Data secure from intruders, there is no guarantee that such technology or procedures can eliminate all of the risks of theft, loss or misuse.
7. We may provide statistical information to third parties, but when we do so, we do not provide personally-identifying information without your permission;
8. We have established relationships with other parties and websites to offer you the benefit of products and services which we do not offer. We offer you access to these other parties and their websites either through the use of hyperlinks to these sites from the Sites or through offering "co-branded" sites in which both we and other parties share the same uniform resource locator, domain name or pages within a domain name on the Internet.
How we collect User Information:
We collect information from users when they place orders, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our app.
How we make use of Information from Users:
We may use the information we collect from users when they register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve users.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process User transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding order or other products and services.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How we store and Protect User Information:
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make visits to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information supplied by users are encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
How we disclose User Information:
User information can only be disclosed at the consent of the user. Information disclosed, such as location, email, phone number, and mail address will be used to process user transactions on our site.
Unable to return
Under the applicable laws, you have the right of access to personal information held by us and to request correction of the information.
Legal Counsel, The Legal Department
Ogwugo.com, BETHEL PLAZA, 36 GARDEN AVENUE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA.
Ogwugo Advertising Co., Ltd., No. 16B, Paradise City Estate, GRA, Enugu, Nigeria.
In accordance with the applicable laws, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or correction request.
You can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring the browser which is installed in the computer you are using to access the Sites. If you choose, you can change those configurations. By setting your preferences in the browser, you can accept all cookies or you can choose to be notified when a cookie is sent or you can choose to reject all cookies. If you reject all cookies by choosing the cookie-disabling function in your browser, you may be required to re-enter information on the Sites more often and certain features of the Sites may be unavailable.
The Sites and their contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18) and we do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors. However, we have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our Site. If a minor has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact our Legal Department at the address set out in paragraph D above to remove the information.
We employ commercially reasonable security methods to prevent unauthorized access to the Sites, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the correct use of the information we hold.
For registered users of the Sites, your Registration Information and Account Information (if any) can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you should not choose to save your log-in information (e.g., user ID and password) on that shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Stay safe online by protecting your account password.
Whether you're on or offline, care for your password as you would care for the key to your house. If your password falls into the wrong hands, your identity may be stolen and someone else may access your account. You can take a few simple steps to help ensure that your password is protected:
Make sure to create a different password for each online account you hold.
Create a more secure password for your Ogwugo account by using a combination of letters and numbers.
Change your Ogwugo password often to enhance account security.
Don't share your password with anyone.
If you're signing in to your Ogwugo account, only enter your password at a URL that begins with "https://Ogwugo.com/"
Stay safe online by safeguarding your computer against viruses.
There are numerous viruses in circulation that threaten to damage your computer or spy on your Internet activities. While there is no foolproof way to protect your computer, you can minimize your risk by installing virus protection software. Take full advantage of virus protection by:
Keeping the virus protection software up-to-date
Set the virus protection software to install updates on a regular basis.
Use the virus protection software to scan your computer frequently.
Prevent Spoof Emails and Websites.
Claiming to be sent by a well-known company, spoof email directs users to Web sites asking for personal information such as a credit card number, Social Security number, or account password.
Because it's so difficult to tell when an email or Web site is a spoof, Ogwugo recommends that you:
Never enter sensitive personal information (such as your password or credit card, bank account, and Social Security numbers) in an email. If you've upgraded to a browser with the latest anti-phishing capabilities, the Web address bar may help you to identify secure Web pages. Look for a green Web address bar to confirm that you are on a secure page before entering sensitive information.
Buy with confidence by reading the item description before placing purchasing.
Before you purchase, make sure you’re familiar with the seller’s shipping, warranty, and return policy. Some stores will offer full refunds, while others charge restocking fees and give only store credit. On Ogwugo.com, it is important to know about the item you're interested in. Always read the item description carefully before purchasing. The item description can help you make an informed decision and avoid surprises. It is always a good idea to look at the details of a specific item, as well as the payment methods accepted.
Protect Your Account
Avoid logging into accounts that contain sensitive financial information (e.g. bank or credit card accounts or commerce websites) on public or shared computers. If you do access such information on a public or shared computer, remember to sign out completely and close your browser window after you're done.
Endeavour to contact the
Purchasing the wrong item,
making payments to a wrong account
Inputting a wrong location, etc.
The Customer Care is always at your disposal. Feel free to contact.
Use a payment method with buyer protections:
In many cases, credit card companies limit your liability for online purchases in cases of fraud. Some online payment systems do not share your full credit card number with sellers in order to give you extra protections. Ogwugo's Payment Methods
For Ogwugo transactions, you should use Ogwugo's only approved
Always ensure your Credit/Debit card details are kept private to avoid being a victim of fraudulent attacks
Never give out you Ogwugo account details to untrusted individuals. Your account was built for your privacy.
Only send information over secure connections:
Look for the "https://" connection in the address bar (and the padlock icon in your address bar if you’re using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) when transmitting any sensitive information like credit card or bank numbers. When accessing financial accounts, check that the website has an Extended Validation Certificate — the URL or website name should show up as green in the URL bar of many modern browsers, meaning the organization that operates the website has been validated. Ogwugo.com is always at your disposal to provide a secure means of transacting online.
For Ogwugo transactions, you should use Ogwugo's only approved
Typing sensitive web addresses into your browser's address bar: Don’t navigate to sensitive accounts by clicking a link or copying and pasting the address. Instead, type out the web address yourself. But make sure that you’re inputting the correct address; some typosquatting sites look exactly like the real site, but are set up to phish your account information.
Avoid entering personal information on suspicious sites.
If a site is asking for personal information beyond what is required to purchase a product or receive a service (e.g., bank account information, security question answers, or passwords) be suspicious as these types of inquiries may be indicative of a phishing attempt. Some sites may be a carbon copy of the official site, including logos and text, but are set up by fraudsters with the sole purpose of obtaining your personal information.
Avoid hacked sites and keep an eye on the browser’s address bar.
If you click on a link and get instantly redirected, that site may have been hacked and contain malware. Malware, such as viruses, worms, and Trojan horses, can silently install unwanted software on your computer. Some hacked sites won’t automatically redirect you to a different page, but may contain irrelevant and spammy content on the page. Keeping an eye on the address bar to ensure the link you click on is the one you are delivered to is one way to be vigilant.
Keep a record of the transaction:
Having a digital or paper copy of large transactions can help you if you do need to make a return or contest unauthorized charges made to your account.
Verify Your Purchase
Always verify every purchase you make once you have recieved the item. This will aid us have a proper documentation of your account's progress.
Last Updated on July, 2017